1 Rope Climb (15’/12′)
2 Rope Climbs
3 Rope Climbs
4 Rope Climbs
5 Rope Climbs
Open WOD 11.5 Results to date: View this photo
Don Climbing Away:
This one is way harder than “Annie”. ‘Nuff said.
Open WOD 11.5 squared off with a few more people today. I took a TON of pics and need to make an album and share but here’s a few pics:
With Open WOD 11.5 having a healthy dose of Toes-to-Bar several folks have wanted tape grips to help with protecting from a potential callous rip. Here are four tips:
- Maintain your hands! File down your callouses. File them, Dremel them, take a pumice stone to them. That will remove dead skin and any edges. After that moisturize your hands.
- Grip the pull-up bar correctly. Don’t grip the bar with the palm of your hand, rather grip it between where your fingers meet your palm. Then wrap tight.
- Use less chalk! Excessive chalk will contribute to rips.
- If you have a war wound, or a potential to thrash your hands from a ton of kipping pull-ups, toes-to-bar etc., then use tape grips. (Diagram below)
- Bonus rule #5: Toughen up! Callouses are good. Gnarly, rough, dry, cracking ones aren’t. Your hands are gripping devices. Strengthen them, care for them and use them!