3 Rounds For Time:
20 Deadlifts (185#/135#)
15 Lateral Over-the-Bar Burpee
I waited all day for this?! Simple, basic, and lightweight but nonetheless evil. Here is the 411 for tomorrow’s burner of a WOD. Please read and be prepared for Open WOD 13.2.
BTW I programmed moderate load deadlifts today thinking we would either see squatting or a power clean with some sort of overhead work and either box jump or double-unders. Go figure that the one I get wrong happens to be the deadlift.
General Open Guidelines:
- Each Thursday we will run the Open WOD for all classes.
- All registered and competing Open athletes will go first with a judge. Those not registered will be asked to help judge then after will go in the second wave to complete their WOD (without a judge).
- Please be on time to class (no different than usual) and ready to rock! The Open is a logistical challenge. The more people are prepared, helpful and attentive the smoother it will all go.
- Every Wednesday night I will post standards, rules and tips for the Thursday WOD.
- Friday make-up at 6pm and Saturday make-up at 11am for those who registered to compete in the Open but could not do it on Thursday. Please let us know in advance. If you have a special circumstance for a different day you must ask. We will do our best. No make-ups for non-competing people.
- Coaches will complete the Open at times where we can arrange judges. Please respect space and equipment if you come in and a coach is completing their Open WOD.
Open WOD 13.2 Guidelines:
- One bar and box per athlete. Judge required for competitors only. Two waves will be run per class.
- STO: Start in front rack, clean from ground. A press, push press, push jerk or split jerk may be used, as long as the elbow, shoulder, hips and knees are fully extended, and the bar finishes directly over the body with the feet in line. No rack.
- DL: Starting at the floor, the barbell is lifted until hips and knees reach full extension with the shoulders behind the bar. The arms must be straight throughout. No sumo DL.
- BJ: The rep finishes with the hips and knees fully open while in control on top of the box. (No rebound off top!) You may jump or step up or down as long as both feet start on the ground and both feet end on the box in control.
- Have fun. Go hard. Cheer for each other. Make a sweat angel.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 10 minutes of:
115 pound Shoulder to overhead, 5 reps
115 pound Deadlift, 10 reps
15 Box jumps, 24″ box
For a downloadable PDF of the workout, click here.
Post reps completed to comments and/or register and submit your results as part of the CrossFit Games Open.