Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3
Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3
Use the heaviest weight you can for each set.
Rest as needed between sets.
4 rounds for time of:
10 Ground To Overheads (95#/65#)
* Clean and Jerk or Power Snatch.
Photo by @robcwilson
Tomorrow is Open Workout 17.4 (below). The WOD formerly known as 16.4 is back! It’s time for the annual Open repeat. It is also St. Patrick’s Day! So wear green, bring your best handstand push-up and deadlift face, and get ready to party after Friday Night Lights tomorrow night.
Come to any class and you will get the WOD done. When you arrive please check in with the coach to be assigned a wave. Start warming up in time for your wave.
This will be an “engine” and shoulder test as well as ability to transition quickly between movements without wasting time. Expect to break up your deadlifts and wall balls into small, manageable sets with minimal rest rather than larger sets that require standing around. Use a belt if you are used to one. Alternate your grip on the barbell. If you are able to reach the wall then ensure your hips are off the wall and heels are over the line for each rep. Have your judge communicate the count when the rep is clean before you kick down or start the next one. Fast singles can save your shoulders rather than wasting reps and balancing on your head inverted.
Note: RX Smartgear HSPU mats under your head are NOT RX for this workout. Your hands and head must be at the same height on the ground.
Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 13 minutes of:
55 deadlifts (use mats)
55 wall-ball shots
55 handstand push-ups
Men deadlift 225 lb. and throw 20-lb. ball to 10-ft. target
Women deadlift 155 lb. and throw 14-lb. ball to 9-ft. target
Post rounds/reps completed to comments and/or submit your score as part of the 2017 Reebok CrossFit Games Open.
Workout Description & Scorecard
- Use mats for Deadlift but you may drop from the top for THIS workout only
- NO Oly plates allowed
- The scaled version is with a 135#/95# Deadlift, 9 ft. target for both M/W and 20#/10#, and Hand Release Push-ups each round
- For Masters 55 and Up the load is 185#/125#, 9 ft. target for both M/W and 20#/10#, and Push Press at 95#/65#
- RX Smartgear HSPU mats under your head are NOT RX for this workout. Your hands and head must be at the same height on the ground at the bottom of the HSPU.
- Hands must stay in box with palms of hand inside lines; heels must touch over line with butt off wall at top
- Must start locked out at top of HSPU (not head on floor) for 1st rep
- Tie-breaker: At the end of each 55 reps, time should be marked by the judge. When you submit your score you must record the number of reps completed as well as the tie break time