Back Squat 5-5-5
Back Squat 5-5-5
3 RFT: Deadlifts, Hang Power Cleans and Push Jerks
3 rounds for time of:
12 Deadlifts 155/105 lbs
9 Hang Power Cleans 155/105 lbs
6 Push Jerks 155/105 lbs
Photo by Rob W.
Today I programmed a mini version of the Hero WOD “DT” and naturally those movements are basically in tomorrow’s Open 15.4 WOD. #crossfitnostradamus
Some notes on 15.4:
- Read up on the standards and familiarize yourself with either the RX or Scaled or Teens version depending on what you are planning to do.
- If you are close to your first HSPU then safely attempt to get it in your 8 minutes.
- If you are new to HSPU but definitely can’t clean the RX weight, get your HSPU done and then do the scaled WOD for a good workout.
- If you can do HSPU but the weight will be a struggle or close to a PR, then use your full clean and squat to stand it up. After 3 HSPU you have the remaining time to get a PR squat clean.
- If you are scaled, then perform the WOD using two bars for the corresponding loads.
- Coaches will explain HSPU measurement standard and mark tape lines for RX athletes.
- RX: You can use a long yoga mat underneath your head or plates/abMat as long as the hands are at the SAME level with the hands.
Complete as many reps as possible in 8 minutes of:
3 handstand push-ups
6 handstand push-ups
9 handstand push-ups
12 handstand push-ups
15 handstand push-ups
18 handstand push-ups
21 handstand push-ups
Etc., adding 3 reps to the handstand push-up each round, and 3 reps to the clean every 3 rounds.
Men clean 185 lb.
Women clean 125 lb.
Teens 16-17: clean 115/75 lb.
In this workout, we are using a special tiebreak method. Time should be marked after every third set of cleans (the last set before increasing the clean reps), i.e., after the third set of 3 cleans, after the third set of 6 cleans, after the third set of 9 cleans, etc. Whichever occurred last will be your tiebreak score.
Post reps completed to comments and/or register and submit your results as part of the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Games Open.
For complete workout standards, video and scorecard click here.