15 Power Clean (135#/95#)
10 Power Clean
5 Power Clean
Quote of the Day that Jenna found:
“Check your ego at the door, somewhere in the world a high school kid is warming up with your PR.”
Hypothetical Question: If we had a 6pm Friday class would you honestly come to it? Post answer to comments.
Coaching Tip: The Power Clean Finish Position with Amanda and Jana
- Keep the elbows high and parallel to the ground for the ideal “rack” or “finish” position
- Fingers are loose to allow the elbows up
- Bar should rest above the chest and on the shoulders, chest is upright
- Feet are in the landing position ideally beneath the hips
Pat and Mark completed the 2nd WOD in the latest 3 WOD Again Faster “Beat the Team to Win” series. This WOD was pretty tough and they both came away with killer times using different strategies (Pat 8:00 and Mark 7:55).
200 Double Unders
9000#/7000# of Deadlifts
75 Barbell Thrusters (45#)
* Weight on deadlift bar will determine # of reps. If weight isn’t an even multiple of the 9000#/7000#, athlete will round up. For example, if you choose to complete the 9000# with 185# (9000/185=48.6), you’ll complete 49 reps.
* Reps can be partitioned as the athlete wishes.
* Once workout begins, deadlift weight must remain the same.