Every 1 min for 10 mins: Snatch
1 Snatch, pick load
Every 1 min for 10 mins.
* full squat
FT: Thrusters, Clean & Jerks and Squat Snatches
21 Thrusters (135#/95#)
15 Clean & Jerks (135#/95#)
9 Squat Snatches (135#/95#)
Congrats to Kelli S. for passing the Advanced RX Skills test tonight! (Photo by Rob W.)
2015 CF Games Open:
Come in, grab a spot, and watch Rich Froning vs. Matt Fraser perform 15.1 on TV immediately after the announcement.
This is the kick off to the Open and as of this afternoon we had 53 people registered from SRCF! It’s not too late to sign up.
How will it work?
Starting Thursday, Feb. 26th the CF Games will announce the first Open WOD for the week at 5pm. Every following Thursday for the next four weeks CFHQ will announce the subsequent workouts (for a total of 5 WOD’s).
On Friday of each of the 5 weeks of the Open (Feb. 26 – Mar. 30) the Open WOD will be the workout that we program for our gym. This is our “Friday All-Day & Night Lights”! If you are signed up to compete in the Open make sure you rest on Thursday and hit the workout in any Friday class.
Schedule Change: (Starting this week)
- Mobility class on Wednesday is cancelled until further notice. This does not mean you should not do mobility/flexibility/stretching DAILY! Ask your coaches for stretches and mobi tips!
- Adding a Friday 4pm class every single Friday to have a 4pm class in addition to 8:30, 9:30, 11:30am and 5 and 6pm classes.
- For the Open only, there is no 6am Thursday class. It will move to Monday’s at 6am only for the 5 weeks of the Open.
If you aren’t signed up don’t worry just come prepared as usual to workout, but expect the energy level to be high, that some classes will need to run heats to have judges for those registered, and that you will be expected to cheer people on.
“Friday All-Day & Night Lights” Open Schedule:
- 15.1 Announcement on Thursday 2/26 at 5pm. SRCF will program this WOD on Friday 2/27.
- 15.2 Announcement on Thursday 3/5 at 5pm. SRCF will program this WOD on Friday 3/6.
- 15.3 Announcement on Thursday 3/12 at 5pm. SRCF will program this WOD on Friday 3/13.
- 15.4 Announcement on Thursday 3/19 at 5pm. SRCF will program this WOD on Friday 3/20.
- 15.5 Announcement on Thursday 3/26 at 5pm. SRCF will program this WOD on Friday 3/27.
- Score submission for registered athletes due each Monday NLT 5pm.
- Make sure you REMEMBER to submit your score EACH WEEK by the deadline. Every year people are eliminated for simply forgetting to submit their score in time.
Limited Saturday make-ups at 10:45am only for registered competitors who could not make it in on Friday (subject to judge availability). You can also make up the Open WOD on Monday’s at the AM classes. If you can make to any class on Friday please do it then. If you have circumstances that prevent that then please coordinate with us in advance!
No make-ups for anyone who hasn’t registered.
Only under extreme circumstances do we encourage or allow someone to repeat an Open WOD. Don’t expect to “redo” it just because you want 5 more reps and it feels good today or you want to go since someone else is making it up. We have to make arrangements and adjustments to line up judges/change the schedule and simply wanting to wait an extra day or get 3 more wall balls isn’t going to cut it. Think of the Open as “One and Done” and it will be a more enjoyable experience for all.
If you want to be a better judge during the Open then please consider taking the Online Judges Course.
Last, submit your score ON TIME. I do not want to chase you down for 5 weeks. Be responsible and manage this for yourself.
More questions? Go to this link to read more about the 2015 CrossFit Games Open.
Also, all archived live footage from the 2014 Games is now available to watch in the U.S. – [playlist]
First workout of the 2015 Reebok CrossFit Games Open will be announced live tomorrow at 5 p.m. PT on the CrossFit Games site.