For time (Teams of 2):
40 Dumbbell Manmakers (40#/25#)
80 Deadlifts (250#/165#)
120 Over Box Jumps (24″/20″)
* Partner up. Alternate reps but team must complete each run together.
** One pair of DB’s, one bar, one box.
Advanced RX Class:
Every Minute On the Minute (EMOM) for 7 minutes complete:
1 Snatch (Floor) + 1 Hang Snatch (use 75%-80% of 1RM)
21-15-9 Reps of each for time:
Overhead Squat (135#/95#)
When: Official start and weigh-in begins Monday 1/6 and Challenge ends with a re-test on Tuesday 2/4.
Read: “The Stop the Slop Challenge Strikes Back” for more background on each challenge and additional resources. We will follow last year’s challenges and rules. You get to choose which ones you participate in. This starts Monday.
- Date: Runs from Mon. 1/6 – Tue. 2/4
Buy-In: $25 per person (you can choose which challenge you want to participate in; 1, 2 or all 3)
- You could participate in the Performance Challenge and not the Nutrition Challenge. Or vice versa. Or just not write an essay. Or write a creative essay about why you did neither (that I would love to see). It will cost you $25 once for a chance to win.
- Weigh-in: In the gym beginning and end of challenge required; no weigh-in during. (Stay away from the scale until it’s over)
- Performance Test WOD: You will be paired up with another athlete to serve as your “judge/counter” to ensure everyone gets the most out of their “sweat equity”
- Nutrition logs optional. They are valuable and if you want a coach to review with you then track it and turn it in at the end of each week (either manual or electronic – we recommend using Beyondthewhiteboard.com)
- If you don’t have one then ask us for a Whole9/SRCF Nutrition Guide and Whole30 Program handout (Comprehensive nutrition guide with practical info on how to implement, shop, prepare, and maintain a Paleo diet as well as a “how to” Whole 30 manual)
- If you are intending to complete an Advocare 24 Day Challenge or 10 Day Cleanse then see Michelle to get set up
- One winner in each category: 1) Nutrition Challenge, 2) Performance Challenge and 3) Essay Challenge
- Nutrition Winner will be the person with highest % weight loss overall
- Performance Winner will be the person with the highest % time improved overall on the Performance WOD (scaling will remain the same for test/re-test unless the athlete chooses to move from scaled to RX – this would be your “gamble”)
- Essay Winner will be the person whose essay is unanimously chosen as the best by your coaches
- Prize cash money, cool SRCF swag, and CF Treasure for the winners will be determined based on how many enter.
The All New Whole30.com Whole9