21 Overhead Squats (95#/65#)
21 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
15 Overhead Squats (95#/65#)
15 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
9 Overhead Squats (95#/65#)
9 Box Jumps (24″/20″)
5 Rounds for time:
10 Hollow Rocks
10 Good Mornings (45#/33#)
10 Push Up (With Hand Release)
Overhead Squat sequence with Katie:
- Bar overhead and centered behind the ears, armpits forward
- Send the hips back and squat deep while keeping the bar over the heels
- Bar path is a vertical line
- Knees out at the bottom of the squat, weight in the heels
- Stand and finish with the hips open at the top
- “Grimace” is optional (See Spealler below)
This Saturday is our Annual SnoRidge Margarita Fest from 8pm – ? at Ana’s Family Style Mexican Restaurant. While everyone is responsible for their own meal/drinks it’s a great time to celebrate the end of the 2012 CF Games season, enjoy the summer and hang out with your fellow Squatchers. Kids are welcome! (Join the FB event on the SRCF Page)
In August we will host the 31Heroes fundraiser Team WOD for the second year in a row:
31Heroes will be Saturday August 4th starting at 0930 and running in waves at 1030 and 1130. We will have team sign ups in the gym for start times (Teams of 2 must sign up). See the link and get registered for the event.
- One requirement! If you plan to participate you must bring either a bag of ground coffee or cash donation which will be collected and sent to Frank’s military unit that is currently deployed in Afghanistan. Cash will be used for purchasing coffee and/or paying to ship it overseas. This was Frank’s request to do something for the troops and one we wholeheartedly support.
The 31Heroes Project exists to honor our fallen heroes killed in action August 6, 2011 through fitness and raise funds for programs that provide support to families of all fallen military heroes—past, present, and future.
This WOD was created specifically to honor the 30 men and one dog that gave their lives for our country on August 6, 2011. It is 31 minutes long—one minute in remembrance of each hero. The rep scheme is 8-6-11—the date of their ultimate sacrifice. Finally, this is a partner WOD. The men who gave their lives were from multiple branches of our military, working together as a team. In the workout you and your team member will constantly be taking the load from each other providing much needed support and relief. We realize that no physical sacrifice made during a workout can come close to the sacrifice our brave heroes made, but we consider this WOD a CrossFitters ‘moment of silence’. This is how we can honor those that gave all in the name of freedom.
Register to participate
The WOD: “31 Heroes”
In teams of 2, complete the following AMRAP 31 minutes (As Many Reps As Possible):
8 Thrusters (155#/105#)
6 Rope Climbs (15′)
11 Box Jumps (30″/24″)
* Partners alternate work on the above rounds with a 400m Sandbag/bumper run.
** One Bar per team unless male/female team
This is a Partner WOD – Partner #1 will perform the work listed above while Partner #2 will run 400m with a sandbag or bumper (45/25). Once Partner #2 returns from the run, Partner #1 will grab the sandbag/bumper and begin their 400m, while Partner #2 continues work wherever #1 left off.
Score is your total # of reps as a team.