Quotes of the Day from Mark Rippetoe (aka Rip):
“If you had to choose between wearing no shoes or running shoes to lift in which would you pick?”
Response: “That is like asking me to choose between stabbing myself in the eye with a fork or burning the roof of my mouth with extremely hot pizza. Can’t we just avoid both?”
“If lifting heavy weights for partial [squats] were of any benefit for sports, Gold’s Gym would be fielding the majority of the 2008 Olympic team.”
–Mark Rippetoe: Starting Strength
10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5… down to 1 each for time:
Push Jerk (135#/95#)
Squat Clean (135#/95#)
Kamran and Jenn learning to push press during Elements:
Attention: Classes are available at 0730 on Wednesdays. I know a few who said they are going tomorrow but this is a general reminder that it’s out there and Mark wants company!
Four gyms. Three causes. Two ways to participate. One Brutal Workout.
When: This Saturday 9/18 starting at 10am
- Two waves will run each hour: approximately every 30 minutes
- Show up at 10, 1030, 11, 1130, 12, or 1230 (we will get you in!)
- Trainers plan to go together in 1-2 waves (time TBD)
Who: This workout will benefit Livestrong, The Wounded Warrior Project, and the CrossFit Foundation.
- We will run two groups of ~ 8 CrossFitters each hour beginning at 10am; then approx. every 30 minutes
- Each person will get a scorer/judge
- WOD is 17 minutes long; hit the warm-up and be ready
- Stay out of the way of the athletes working out
- Prepare to be outside: Rain or Shine
- Cheer each other on like crazy
We will scale accordingly so that everyone can do this (no different than any other WOD)!
Click for the WOD and more details
Eligibility for participation: We will only allow those who make a minimum donation or raise funds the opportunity to complete the workout.
- Raise funds via your Gyms’ fundraiser page on the FGB website.
- Donate to someone’s page
- Donate the minimum amount of our drop-in fee of $15 of which will all go to the FGB effort.
- We believe in the causes! If you can’t raise funds, then pony up the minimum $15 to go towards helping fight cancer, helping heroes from our military who were wounded and permanently disabled, or helping a family of a first responder or soldier in need.
SnoRidge CrossFit currently has raised $1670 total as a gym on the FGB website. Keep up the effort until Saturday!
“343” make-up crew: