4 Rounds for Time:
5 Deadlifts (225#/155#)
15 Ring Dips
Checkout WOD Action:
We can finally publish the winners and runners-up for the “Stop the Slop Jackie Performance Challenge”
The Nutrition Challenge results will be announced tomorrow!
- Performance Challenge Winner is Matt Patterson
- Matt finished the Jackie Challenge with the highest % time improved overall; with an insane overall 49.4% improvement!
- His first bout with Jackie did not go well and he finished at 12 plus minutes as RX’d. It was a struggle as Matt kind of “crashed and burned” after the row. His rematch 6 weeks later saw him complete it at a blistering time of 6:37! The improvement was the result of several factors: 1) Improved nutrition (Matt completed the 6 week Paleo Challenge) 2) Improved kipping pull-ups 3) Better strategy. Matt paced better to avoid the crash he suffered the first time. 4) Overall improved fitness. Matt has had several PR’s over the past 6 weeks and it shows.
- Matt wins:
- RX Jump Rope of his choice
- 1 Year CrossFit Journal Subscription
- Matt wins:
- Performance Challenge Runner-up is Nadia Schmieder
- Nadia finished the Jackie Challenge with the second highest % time improved overall; with an overall 26.6% improvement!
- The race for second place was very tight with 4 people bunched up right behind Nadia by a matter of a few % points
- Nadia improved by 4:59 using the exact same weight and bands each time. Six weeks of paleo and CrossFit 3-4 times per week on average paved the way for such a huge improvement. On top of that she surprised herself tonight by hitting a 3RM on her deadlift at 173#! This was her previous 1 rep max back in December. Solid performance!
- Nadia wins:
- 1 Bottle of Barlean’s Fish Oil Ultra EPA-DHA
- lululemon athletica water bottle
- Nadia wins:
CONGRATS to Matt and Nadia and to everyone who participated in the Jackie Performance Challenge!
Attention Team Squatch competitors: Update on the upcoming 2011 CF Games Open (AKA “The Event Formerly Known as Sectionals”) below. We are only 3 weeks away from “GO TIME”!
View from The Squatch Cave:
We are stoked to announce we are working to host this awesome 2 day cert with Jeff Tucker and Jeannie Bassi here at our box in late May or June. Spots will fill up fast so if this interests you then let us know so you can register before we post it to the larger community. Cost for this cert is $595 and registration will be via CrossFit.com once it is listed.
Course Description: “This course will be open to anyone and is a “road show” course led by Jeff Tucker and his staff. This is a great two-day fundamental session in the gymnastics skills you need to become a better, more well-rounded athlete and CrossFitter.
Jeff R. Tucker – or “Tucker” to those who know him – is the CEO and founder of Global Sports Xtreme (GSX) in Ft Worth, Texas and he has a passion for teaching gymnastics. He and his staff will delve into basic and intermediate gymnastic forms in a lecture setting followed by practical application. Skills will be repeated until the student has satisfactory understanding of how to learn, spot and teach such methods safely. You will also be taught how to scale the movements until they become second nature. You don’t merely watch, or half-heartedly attempt such moves, you LEARN them, and through repeated progression and persistence you gain great rewards.
Tucker’s goal in this course is to aid CrossFitters in using gymnastics for strength development, core control, and WOD progressions. Result: the CrossFit community will become more engaged in using one of the foundational blocks for CrossFit workouts – Gymnastics.
You will be taught a wide variety of movements and techniques, including these and others:
- Paralette work: handstands, L–sit, stretching, core control, handstand push ups, scalability of basic and intermediate movements, spotting, ROM/EROM training.
- Rings: core training exercises, support work, proper hand placement, L-sits, iron cross progressions, dislocates, presses, muscle ups and muscle up drills, self spotting techniques, kips, handstands on rings, and conditioning.
- Bar variations: handstands on rings back levers, skin the cat, L-sit pull up variations, stretching, kipping swing, spotting techniques, bar muscle ups, scalability of all moves.
- Handstands : HSPU’s, HS forward rolls, balance work, press to HS, L-sit to handstand, how to spot and scale this foundational part of the elements for WOD’s and newbies. hand placement, core control, strength development Planche – progressions on floor, rings and paralettes.
We will have an in depth lecture and video presentation throughout the two days with detailed information and discussion on gymnastic elements and the best application for such drills in CrossFit boxes and the community at large.
What do you need to bring? Athletic attire and an adventurous attitude! We look forward to teaching all comers and all skill levels how these foundational gymnastic elements will increase your strength, your flexibility, and understanding on how gymnastics programing is part of Greg Glassman’s vision.”