Lifting: Squat Cleans and Front Squats
Squat Clean 1-1-1-1-1, using heaviest weight per set
Front Squat 2-2-2-2-2, using heaviest weight per set
5 rounds for time of:
5 Thrusters (115#/75#)
10 Hang Power Cleans (115#/75#)
15 Ball Slams (30#/20#)
Photo by @robcwilson
The 2016 CF Games have begun! See below for schedule impacts.
- We will only have one class impacted. The Monday 6am class on 7/25 is cancelled.
- ALL other classes are covered and will run on the normal schedule!
- Huge thanks to all of the coaches who are able to cover so many classes for that time.
This afternoon was the first SRCF Tweens and Teens class and they all had fun learning to squat and finishing with a good workout with a “Baseline” AMRAP. This week they will learn basic kettlebell swings (eye level) and kettlebell deadlifts, the push press as well as box jumps and some other skills. Workouts are programmed to be scaled versions of the daily gym WOD but within a rep scheme and timeframe that is suitable. Fitness related games and activities are also added in addition to learning proper movement. Weight is allowed as technique is demonstrated at the individual level. If you are interested in signing up let us know!
Registration covers three weeks so if they can’t make a certain week due to vacation or other camps their registration will continue into the next session (or we can prorate). We will be taking registrations at any time so no need to wait until August.
SRCF Tweens and Teens Class:
- Ages: 10-15 only
- Each “Session” will be 3 weeks until August 25th which will then pause for “back to school”. During the fall/winter and spring there will be another session(s).
- 3 afternoon classes per week Mon/Wed/Thurs
- Time: 3pm to 4pm
- Led by Coach Jessika (who is also the Twin Falls Middle School Health and Physical Education Teacher)
- Cost: $140 for each 3 week session (we can prorate to accommodate vacation schedules)
- Class size: Limited to 14 Teens
- Go here to Register
- Select “Services” then “CrossFit Kids” and add to cart
- Please add your child under your MindBody Info (Select “Profile” and “Family Members” tab)
Classes will feature a warm-up, skill or lift focus (example: proper running / rowing technique, jump rope, range of bodyweight movements, press, deadlift, squat, power clean and power snatch, etc.), then a CrossFit workout scaled appropriately, as well as a game or activity cool down. Classes will run approximately 50 minutes long. They will learn proper form and weight will be allowed as form and technique dictates (at the discretion of the coach). Most importantly it will be fun!
- During the Teens class time the gym floor is NOT OPEN for anyone at all to work on skills, supplementary WOD’s, cardio work etc.
- You may NOT go out into the gym to do mobility or stretch and watch the class. This is a major distraction for Coach Jessika and the kids and will only stall class or possibly cause someone to feel pressure.
- Parents may wait in the lobby or can use the upstairs during the class to do mobility.
- Children under the age of 10 are NOT allowed out into the gym floor and also must stay in the Cave (not in the lobby or upstairs). Parents need to enforce the rules of children in the kids area i.e. Squatch Cave.