Strength work of three sets of three reps with the goal of reaching a three rep max (3RM):
AMRAP in 15 Min. (As Many Rounds As Possible) of:
7 Medicine Ball Cleans (20#/14#)
10 Overhead Squats (95#/65#)
Overhead squats are making progress. The below side by side comparison shows Adriana one month ago to now. The “Before” shot on the left was the first time she encountered OH Squats in a WOD (Nancy). The “After” on the right shows how even though we haven’t worked OH squats with anything more than a PVC during warm-ups her range of motion, strength, flexibility and body position is improving. What will these look like in another month?
A few improvements stand out in the pictures.
1) To support the bar in the squat, she is pushing the bar back behind her head farther to allow her chest to stay up. This is causing the load to put more stress on the shoulders.
2) She used more of her arms to support the bar and you can see her right elbow bent.
3) Her squat depth previously was what you see in the picture.
1) She is supporting the bar (which is loaded heavier) in a more stable position that is directly over her midline as she squats. It is just behind her ears and remains there throughout the squat.
2) She has more “active shoulders” which is the upshrug feeling with locked out arms that helps keep the core tight and load balanced overhead.
3) Full squat depth today with each rep (she is rising in the picture here).
Big welcome to Robin who went through his first WOD and Elements part one tonight. Robin and his wife are both former competitive rowers that we are excited to have join us (Lucy begins next week).