Power Snatch 1-1-1
Power Snatch 1-1-1
Use the heaviest weight you can for each set.
Rest as needed between sets.
5 RFT: Power Snatches and Burpees
5 rounds for time of:
5 Power Snatches (115#/75#)
AMReps 2 mins: Toes-to-bars
As many reps as possible in 2 mins of:
Photo by @robcwilson
Tomorrow will be our 4th annual “Stop the Slop Challenge” begins Wednesday 1/13!
For the WOD on Wednesday plan on partnering up to judge/count then trading places. This is to ensure that movements and reps are good for both the test and re-test next month.
Weigh-in’s and buy-in tomorrow!
What is it?
“Stop the Slop” is both a 30 day Nutrition Challenge and a 30 Day Performance Challenge. For the next month the focus of “Stop the Slop” is not only to eat right, but also to clean up technique and form. Use this time to work on becoming more efficient in movements, transitions, and rest. Get more consistent at coming into the gym, recovering correctly, sleeping better and improving mobility. As the month moves on and your nutrition and performance improve, increase the intensity and see what results you get after the month is over.
You can choose to buy-in to either challenge ($25 per challenge). You do not have to do both. This will go into a pool to be paid out to each challenge winner. You can only win the challenge you buy into. Winners are based on % of weight loss for the 30 days and % improvement of time for the WOD. After 30 days we will re-test the WOD and conduct final weigh-in’s for both challenges.
When: Official start and weigh-in begins Wed. 1/13 and Challenge ends with a re-test on Thursday 2/11.
We will follow last year’s challenges and rules. You get to choose which ones you participate in.
- Date: Runs from Wed. 1/13 – Thurs. 2/11
- Buy-In: $25 per challenge (you can choose which challenge you want to participate in; 1, 2 or both)
- You could participate in the Performance Challenge and not the Nutrition Challenge. Or vice versa.
- Nutrition Challenge Weigh-in: In the gym beginning and end of challenge required for Nutrition Challenge only; no weigh-in during. (Stay away from the scale until it’s over)
- Whole30: If you don’t have one then ask us for a Whole9/SRCF Nutrition Guide and Whole30 Program handout (Comprehensive nutrition guide with practical info on how to implement, shop, prepare, and maintain a Paleo diet as well as a “how to” Whole 30 manual)
- Cleanse: If you are intending to complete an Advocare 10 Day Cleanse or 10 Day Purium Cleanse then see Michelle to get set up
- Performance Challenge WOD: You will be paired up with another athlete to serve as your “judge/counter” to ensure everyone gets the most out of their “sweat equity”. We will run two waves each class so you can take turns judging/counting one another.
- There will be a new change to the WOD along with a different barbell movement this year.
- One winner in each category: 1) Nutrition Challenge, 2) Performance Challenge
- Nutrition Winner will be the person with highest % weight loss overall
- Performance Winner will be the person with the highest % time improved overall on the Performance WOD (scaling will remain the same for test/re-test unless the athlete chooses to move from scaled to RX – this would be your “gamble”)
- Prizes for the winners will be determined based on how many enter.