10 Minutes to practice ring skills:
Choose from: Ring Pull-ups, Muscle-ups, Ring Rows, Ring Dips, Ring Push-ups, HSPU, Skin the Cats, Toes to Rings, Jump to Support, and progressions for any of the above
As Many Rounds As Possible in 12 Minutes of:
5 Deadlifts (Choose Load)
Post rounds and load
Quote of the day: “You know Rich Froning can snatch this right?” ~ Rob V. to Justin during yesterday’s back squat strength WOD as they were squatting 300 plus pounds.
An AMRAP like today’s forces you to hustle to get back to the barbell. Choosing your own load to manage sets of 5 helps with scaling correctly to allow you to lift properly without too large a load and keep moving.
I just found out about a fundraiser WOD for autism that is being organized by CF legend Josh Everett (one of the original CrossFit firebreathers) for this Saturday. Affiliates from all over the country are doing this to show their support and help raise funds for early detection of autism and treatment. We are going to program this short 5 minute workout sometime next week for the gym (doing this on short notice this Saturday would minimize participation vs. running it all day for all classes). Anyone who wishes to donate to support the cause and get the details on the workout then go check out “Lift Up Luke“.
This Sunday is the SRCF Baby Shower for Christa and Kyle and Meghann and Derek. Details below:
10/20 Baby Shower:
- When: Sunday Oct. 20th from 4-6pm
- What: Dual SRCF baby shower for Meghann and Derek and Christa and Kyle
- Where: Amy will be hosting the shower(s) at her gym (Mt. Si Gymnastics)
- What to bring: This is a pot-luck event. Let Amy, Deb, or Frank know if you plan to come and what you can bring.
- We will also get to “play” like last time so be ready to jump, bounce, swing and slackline!
Photographic evidence that Spencer has secretly been denting the chalk buckets?