5 Rounds for time:
3 Snatch (Squat) (95#/65#)
15 Overhead Squats (95#/65#)
This WOD is similar to the benchmark “Nancy” but adds the three Snatches and moves the run to last. It may look light but it’s not easy. The only other time we ran this WOD we used a power snatch instead of a squat snatch. Today was the full meal deal since this movement has improved significantly for the gym (as well as the overhead squat).
Fuel yourself properly. There are different approaches but skipping meals and pre/post workout nutrition is not a recommended approach. Read: Training On An Empty Stomach by CrossFit Invictus
Attention: Moms and Daughters:
- We are going to host an ivivva athletica trunk show on Monday 11/12 (Veterans Day) upstairs in the gym from 4-6pm.
- What is ivivva? It’s the girls label for lululemon and is workout, dance, yoga and gymnastics gear for girls.
- Michelle will be running an optional Mom/Daughter Team WOD as well for some fun from 4-5.
- RSVP to Michelle if you are planning to come as I will be likely lifting heavy things in my garage and while Michelle is taking her clone shopping.
- Feel free to spread the word to other CF’ers or mom’s of dancers/gymnasts.
“A Year Off, But Not Out: Julie Foucher” CrossFit Games