50 Hollow Rocks
50 Romanian Deadlifts (45#/33#)
Anapurna and the Romanian Deadlift:
The Romanian Deadlift. This lift is a movement of the hip. Begin in the hang with the barbell or dumbbells.
- Stand Tall with a slight bend in the knees; not stiff legs
- Push the hips backward first
- Lower the weight toward your knees, keeping your hips going back
- Flat back, maintain a lumbar curve or at least flat back with tight core muscles
- Weight is on the heels and shoulders are back, bar or db’s stay close to the body
- Stop before losing your lower back position and when you reach your hamstring range of motion; ideally slightly below the knee
- Return to the start position by reversing the movement
- Stay in control and don’t rush it
Read “5 Reasons Why Deadlifts Are Killing Your Lower Back” – Stronglifts.com
Hollow Rock with Greg:
Rower Fail. Warning! Rowing this way will guarantee that your coach will punch you in the face:
CF Kids and regular class tomorrow at 0930! Advanced RX class at 1045. Be ready to work! Don’t be late!
Who’s up for the Railroad Days 5k, 10k or Kids 1k in Snoqualmie in August? Let’s get a SRCF team running!
- In less than seven weeks, the 4th Annual Snoqualmie Railroad Days 5k, 10k and Kid’s 1k will take place on Saturday, August 20 in historic downtown Snoqualmie, WA.
- To register online CLICK HERE. Online registration closes on Monday, August 15th.
- More info at www.runsnoqualmie.com
- Register In-Person: At FootZone in Bellevue, Issaquah or Redmond. In-store registration ends on August 14th.
- Kid’s 1k — $10 (includes cotton t-shirt and a finisher’s medal)
- 5k/10k — $25 (includes nice tech shirt)