Shoulder Press: 3RM
Record your best Shoulder Press 3 rep max lift.
Only include the heaviest 3 rep, do not include sets prior to it.
Chipper: Press, OHS, Push Press, Front Squats, Push Jerks, Back Squats
10 Shoulder Press (115#/75#)
15 Overhead Squats
20 Push Press
25 Front Squats
30 Push Jerks
35 Back Squats
Photo by @robcwilson @snoridgecrossfit
Health Tip: Preventing Shoulder Injuries
Kelly Starrett, DPT, breaks down the most common causes of shoulder injuries in CrossFit athletes and explains what can be done to prevent them.
Starrett attributes most injuries to:
- Poor preparation or taking insufficient time to warm up
- Athletes lacking the necessary range of motion
- Generally not treating the shoulder with the same care as the rest of the body
To address shoulder discomfort before it becomes a problem, he recommends:
- Increasing soft tissue work by adding mobilization between sets during training sessions and doing myofascial release with a foam roller and ball at home
- Expanding your repertoire of warm-up exercises to restore normal range of motion in the shoulder joint
- Checking in with your breathing. Maintaining regular breath patterns often restores mobility.