3 Rounds for time:
50 Double Unders
50 AbMat Sit-ups
50 Good Mornings (45#/33#)
Good Morning with Rona:
Banded Good Morning with Moe:
The trend continues. Hard work and persistence pays off. Congrats to Sangeeta for her first rope climb! Just yesterday she was learning how to lock her feet. Congrats to Steph as well for kipping multiple pull-ups together today too!
Welcome to Judi who began Elements today and rocked out two rounds of “Baseline” in her first CrossFit WOD!
Sign up for your time slot in the gym for the “Skinny Dip” Body Fat Re-test this Saturday to end the Paleo/Zone Nutrition Challenge. We can’t wait to add up all the pounds lost!
This Saturday those trying for the Affiliate Team are completing as part of the selection process a “RX Skills Challenge” for their WOD. There will be 32 skills based on the same test that CrossFit Oahu runs. These will test a wide range of fitness and will use exercises that include barbells, dumbbells, gymnastics skills, medicine balls, box jumps, kettlebells, ropes and bodyweight. The tests are pass fail; go or no go. We want to run this for the rest of the group but logistics (and equipment) will prevent it for scaling, so we will have an alternate WOD for the main 10am and 11am class (no sign up required). If you feel confident that you can attempt the barbell and dumbbell loads and gymnastics skills as RX’d then you are certainly welcome to give the Skills Challenge a go. You don’t have to be able to do them all to try! (Why did I use so many exclamation points today?!!!)
For a sneak peek look here:
We will be doing the exact same checklist as the one done by CrossFit Oahu. The event will start at 10am for anyone who wants to attempt the skills as RX’d (Affiliate Team starts at 9am) and will not require sign ups as we will start people as you are warmed up and ready.
Here are the 32 skills you must pass:
- 5 reps- front squat (155/105). Crease of hip below parallel and full hip extension at top of squat.
- 5 reps- overhead squat (95/65). Crease of hip below parallel and full hip extension at top of squat.
- 5 reps deadlift (225/155). Full extension at top of lift and hands must stay on bar for all five reps.
- 5 reps- kettle bell swing (32kg/20kg). Arms must stay straight and ears must be in front of arms in overhead position.
- 3 reps- thruster (135/95). Crease of hip below parallel and ears in front of arms in overhead position.
- 15 reps- wall ball (20/14). Crease of hip below parallel. Ball must touch wall and go OVER the 10’ mark. Must catch ball on every rep. A drop of ball constitutes a failed attempt.
- 5 reps- squat clean (135/95). Must catch bar in full squat position with crease of hip below parallel. Must stand to full hip extension with elbows in front of bar. Hands must stay on bar for all five reps.
- 5 reps- jerk (135/95). Ears in front of arms in locked out overhead position. Push jerk or split jerk.
- 3 reps- squat snatch (135/95). Must catch in squat position with crease of hip below parallel. Must stand to full hip extension. Must keep hands on bar for all three reps. You can keep attempting as long as you get three in a row and don’t let go of the bar.
- 3 reps (each arm)- one arm dumbbell snatch (50/35). Must catch in full squat with crease of hip below parallel. Dumbbell never touches ground during all six attempts.
- 5 reps- Dumbbell hang squat clean (50/25). Must catch in squat with crease of hip below parallel.
- 5 reps- press (95/65). Ears in front of arms in locked out overhead position.
- 5 reps- push press (135/95). Ears in front of arms in locked out overhead position.
- 5 reps- sumo deadlift high pull (95/65). Elbows above bar in high pull position.
- 15 reps- ball slam (20/12). Arms straight overhead in top position with ears in front of arms. Must catch ball on bounce while in squat position. Dropping ball constitutes a failed effort.
- 5 reps- bench press (BW/66% of BW)
- 10 reps- kipping pull-ups. Full extension of arms at bottom. Chin over bar at top.
- 5 reps- strict pull-ups. Full extension of arms at bottom. Chin over bar at top.
- 1 ascent- rope climb 15’. Must start on with butt on ground. Using feet is okay.
- 3 reps L pull-up. Toes must be above hips at the start and end of pull-up. You can lower the legs at every rep, but toes must be above hip before you start pull-up motion.
- 3 reps- muscle-up. Must turn palms out at bottom prior to beginning movement. Must turn palms forward when over the rings before returning to start position. Must not come off the rings for all three reps.
- 25 reps- push-up. On count of judge. Down, hold, up, hold. Chest touches deck. Full extension of arms at top of push-up.
- 5 reps- slapping push-ups. Touch chest to deck, then both hands must touch the chest when at top of the pull-up.
- 10 reps- bar dips. Shoulders below elbow at bottom position. Arms straight at top position.
- 5 reps- ring dips. Shoulders below elbows at bottom position. Must turn palms forward when over the rings at finish position.
- 5 reps- handstand push-ups. Forehead touches deck. At top position, head comes forward and ears are in front of arms.
- 10 reps- burpee. Chest touches deck. 6” jump.
- 10 reps- GHD sit-up. One hand touches ground at bottom position. One hand touches foot post at top position.
- 10 reps- kipping knees to elbows. Done on rings. Knees must go over the elbow. Arms must stay straight.
- 10 reps- rebounding box jumps 20”. Must jump as soon as feet touch the ground. Must get full hip extension jumping off box.
- 3 reps (each leg)- one leg squat. Butt must go to ankle depth. You leg extended cannot touch ground for all three reps.
- 10 reps- double under. Self explanatory.