AMRAP (As Many Rounds As Possible) for 20 Minutes:
5 Knees-to Elbows
10 Wall Balls (20#/14#)
Julie hits the squat in the Wall Ball throw while Moe demos double-unders:
If you haven’t posted your size and are close to 250 WOD’s and want to purchase a 250 WOD Club T-Shirt then go here and post to comments so we can place the order by Friday!
“Stop the Slop” Nutrition and Performance Challenge Day 5 Update:
For those who have been logging their meals on beyondthewhiteboard.com I’ve been reviewing them daily. Here’s some observations, feedback, and random highlights thus far:
- Keep it up! Keep logging your meals (you can name each meal to separate them)
- Consult those Whole9/SRCF Nutrition guides and read them thoroughly
- Keep putting in the detail in your logs. Things like sleep, quantity or servings, or how you feel are good to look back on the longer you go to see how the nutrition change is or is not effecting you.
- Everyone is mostly eating well balanced meals of protein/fat/carb with cleaner ingredients for all of these macronutrients
- Some of you should up the veggies!
- Snacks consist mostly of a handful of “x” nuts, 1/2 apple or orange, hard boiled egg, or Lara Bar
- When eating a snack, try to have some fat or protein with the carb source; i.e. 1/2 banana with almond butter or have a chicken lettuce wrap with avocado and peppers
- Some post WOD nutrition items sounds so good I may hang out with you and beg after your WOD
- Some breakfasts and dinners are so awesome I am going to show up on your doorstep
- Lose the creamer substitutes in the coffee people! No Soy Delight, Coffee Mate, or “insert brand name of colorful carton of inflammation” here. Try unsweetened coconut milk (make sure it’s the full fat kind in the can found usually in the Asian food area of the gro-sto) or heavy whipping cream if you don’t like coconut milk and absolutely need to add to your coffee. (Note: I know heavy cream is against the preaching of the Paleo Gods. That said I would rather you use a splash of that to wean yourself off the partially hydrogenated poison of coffeemate or the evils of sugar spiked soy milk)
- I have yet to see anyone list rice or pasta!
- Don’t drink SODA! Diet soda or plain soda does not matter. It is harmful and undoing everything you are doing in the day. If you need something with taste other than plain water try a little squeeze of lime or lemon in your water, Perrier or plain Talking Rain.
- Alcohol is surprisingy not being reported, although someone listed 1/8 ounce of crack cocaine… 🙂
- Everyone is making notable positive changes and doing well. Don’t quit! If you need help ask your trainers. Don’t expect us to tell you it’s okay to binge and cheat though! We will give you tough love and encourage you all at the same time.
If you aren’t using btwb.com to log your meals, then don’t forget to write it down or use some sort of method to track them and turn them into us on Saturday.
Tomorrow we will detail the prizes for winners and runners-up of both the 6 week nutrition challenge and performance challenge (the emphasis on the prize pot will favor the nutrition winner and nutrition runner-up winner).
Part 2 of the insights into the main site WOD programming discussion from CrossFit.com (I love this video series):