Tabata Intervals: Perform 8 intervals of max reps for 20 seconds work followed by 10 seconds rest of the following exercises in sequence. Score lowest number of reps for a given round.
Box Jumps (24″/20″)
Kettlebell Swings (53#/35#)
Following the WOD:
2 rounds of hang for time from the pull-up bar.
(Grip it and dead-hang for dear life)
Who thought the bar hang was way tougher than they thought?
Here’s a link to the Garage Gym throwback days for when we last did this one. We haven’t done Tabata’s in awhile ( since the March Cross-box Challenge) so it was good to put this in the mix.
T Shirts are in tomorrow! We will bag and tag them and get them to you ASAP!
Welcome to Jenna who dropped in today to the morning class and rocked some Tabata’s! Also welcome to the gang who recently completed Elements : Annette, Michelle D., Sashank, Doug as well as Willy who is one day away from being complete. Make sure you all introduce yourselves and give high fives and chest bumps!
Congrats to Adriana and Jim M. who earned their 100th WOD status recently. You’ll see them proudly sporting their T’s.
CrossFit Games Update:
In addition to our group who is competing at Regionals in 2 weeks we have a group who are volunteering. Shout out to Rob, Rona, Lyndi, Eli, and Sangeeta who are all going to help ensure the event runs smooth!
Coaching Tip: The Air Squat with Eli
Air Squat cues:
- Start upright with feet under hips and flat on the floor; toes slightly angled out
- Maintain a steady gaze straight ahead
- Keeping the chest up, initiate the squat by pushing the hips and posterior chain back (like taking a bow)
- Squat down keeping your weight on your heels
- Move your hands out in front of you, form a “window” with your hands to look through (this forces the head and chest to stay up and the weight to stay on the heels)
- Concentrate on keeping your knees behind the toe box and keeping your core tight
- Hip crease ideally should drop below the knee joint at the bottom
- Drive out of the bottom and pull your hands back to your hips
- Fully open (or extend) the hips at the top