Bench Press 3-3-3-3
Use the heaviest weight you can for each set.
Rest as needed between sets.
AMRAP 12 mins: Rows and Push-ups
Complete as many rounds as possible in 12 mins of:
Photo by @robcwilson
A Classic benchmark coupled with a heavy more skilled version of that same workout! If you can earn enough time to get the handstand walk you better hope your shoulders, midline and posterior chain cooperates.
Don’t go flying out of the gate on “Diane” if you are intending to get far in this workout beyond the first couplet. Pace your DL into smart sets with very minimal rests to save grip and posterior chain. Keep a solid and tight midline. Be deliberate with your HSPU and ensure you hear your judge give you a rep or no rep call. Don’t go to failure on your sets of HSPU, kick down early to get deeper into the WOD. If you are not able to get to the heavy deads, then try to get your fastest “Diane” time.
As always, do “what right looks like” with every rep and have some fun. Bring some post WOD refreshments!
21-15-9 reps of:
21-15-9 reps of:
50-ft. handstand walk after each set
Time cap: 9 minutes
Read the scorecard for full event details.
Post rounds/reps completed to comments and/or submit your score as part of the 2018 Reebok CrossFit Games Open.
Rx’d: (Ages 16-54)
Men deadlift 225 lb. then 315 lb.
Women deadlift 155 lb. then 205 lb.
Scaled: (Ages 16-54)
Men deadlift 135 lb. and perform hand-release push-ups, then deadlift 185 lb. and bear crawl
Women deadlift 95 lb. and perform hand-release push-ups, then deadlift 135 lb. and bear crawl
Equipment and Standards:
- 9 minute cap. Judges need to make sure they record time after each complete set of deadlifts for tie break.
- DL: Must use collars and must be on outside of all plates on barbell
- DL: Athlete can have help to load their bar
- Mats: Athletes will use three mats. One to stand on and two under the plates so the surface is level to account for any drops. (drop from the top with mats only)
- Must measure the HSPU line per the scorecard published standard (see the coach for tape measure and how to mark it with chalk)
- Heels must both lock out over the line prior to descending for next rep or kicking off the wall. Judges need to clearly communicate a no rep.
- Hands and head must be level. If you are using a mat or pad under your head you must level the surfaces i.e. the pad top must be even with the plates under your hand (no AbMat with Oly plates).
- HS Walk and Bear Crawl: Hands must start BEHIND the line and you must cross the line with your hands in the HS Walk and your feet in the crawl to complete the “rep”. 5 Feet = 1 rep. If you come down from a HS walk you must start at previous 5 ft. line.
- Hand Release Push-up: Athlete must maintain a straight tight body position and lock out at the top. At the bottom hands must leave the floor. Feet must be no wider than shoulder width. No snaking.
- Registered athletes for Friday Night Lights will go first, Please check in with the coach to sign up for a wave.
- Plan on judging to help move things along.
- Handstand push-ups will take priority on athlete placement. Do NOT take out a bar when you arrive and start setting up without checking with the coach for how the layout will be and what wave you are in.
- Use the designated warm-up area.
- Score reps completed with tie break of last completed set of DL or score time to completion.
- 1 rep = 5 ft. on HS walk / Bear Crawl
- Tiebreak: 9 minute cap. Judges need to make sure they record time after each complete set of deadlifts for tie break.