15 Hang Power Cleans (135#/95#)
45 AbMat Sit-ups
12 Hang Power Cleans
36 AbMat Sit-ups
9 Hang Power Cleans
27 AbMat Sit-ups
6 Hang Power Cleans
18 AbMat Sit-ups
3 Hang Power Cleans
9 AbMat Sit-ups
Tonight we learned what 18.3 is! For Friday Night Lights tomorrow be sure to read up on the movement standards, scaling and workout logistics below. Show up for class on time and check in if it’s the PM classes for a wave (4/5/6pm classes). Please do not show up at 7:30pm asking to do the WOD. Come to class and get on the board.
When you are not working out or spectating please stay out of the athlete’s way! Don’t go wandering around the gym and stand in the athlete and judges workout space. Don’t block their equipment, and don’t start warming up inches away from them. Last week I saw several instances of someone not paying attention get in the way of an athlete during their 18.2 or 18.2A attempt that slowed either them or their judge down. Be aware of your surroundings and respect that person’s lane.
Once you complete your 18.3 do not forget to submit your score online or via the app to ensure it gets validated smoothly.
2 rounds for time of:
20 overhead squats
12 ring muscle-ups
20 dumbbell snatches
12 bar muscle-ups
Men perform 115-lb. OHS, 50-lb. DB snatches
Women perform 80-lb. OHS, 35-lb. DB snatches
Time cap: 14 minutes
Scaled: (Ages 16-54)
Men perform single-unders, 45-lb. OHS, chin-over-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 35-lb. DB snatches
Women perform single-unders, 35-lb. OHS, chin-over-bar pull-ups (for both MU sets), 20-lb. DB snatches
Read the scorecard for full event details.
Equipment and Standards:
- One pair of dumbbells, one barbell per athlete only
- Must use collars, collars must be on outside of all plates on barbell
- Dumbbell Snatch is alternating arm, with switching hands occurring only below the top of the athlete’s head
- Dumbbell must touch both heads on the ground at the bottom of each rep
- Non-lifting arm or hand cannot contact the body
- Standards for DU, MU and BMU are unchanged
- For the OHS athlete may squat snatch into the OHS provided depth range of motion is achieved
- Registered athletes for Friday Night Lights will go first, Please check in with the coach to sign up for a wave
- Plan on judging to help move things along
- Athletes performing muscle-ups will line up first based on ring and bar placement, do NOT take out a bar when you arrive and start lifting without checking with the coach for how the layout will be and what wave you are in
- TIME CAP: 14 minutes. If you hit time cap you will enter total reps as your score.
TIEBREAK: This workout includes a tiebreak. If 2 rounds are completed prior to the time cap, your score will be your total time, and there will be no tiebreaker. If you are unable to complete the entire workout in the allotted time, the tiebreaker is your time at the end of the last set of 100 double-unders. Judges be sure to record the time at each set of 100.
Post rounds/reps completed to comments and/or submit your score as part of the 2018 Reebok CrossFit Games Open.
Nicole Carroll’s Tips and Demo for Open Workout 18.3
Predicting the CrossFit Open, Part 2