20 AbMat Sit-ups
40 Toes To Bars
60 AbMat Sit-ups
Coach Peter is shocked at the 18.2 AND 18.2A announcement!
18.2 and 18.2A are here! See below for rules, logistics etc. Also be sure to read the scorecard for all details and understand how the workout works.
Equipment and Standards:
- One pair of dumbbells, one barbell per athlete only
- Must use collars, collars must be on outside of all plates on barbell
- Squat cleans of DB’s are NOT allowed. You must muscle or power clean to your shoulders then Front Squat BELOW parallel.
- DB’s must be held on the shoulder but there is NO requirement to maintain grip on the DB during the squat
- RX: Must jump both feet back/jump both feet up for burpees (stepping up/back is scaled). 2 foot jump over bar. Must be perpendicular to bar (Bar-facing)
- 12 minute cap. If you finish and have time to 1RM clean, you can power, squat, or split clean. You must have collars back on to lift.
- Smallest increments for load are 1lb. (1/2 lb. plates on each side)
- Athlete can have help to load their bar
- Registered athletes for Friday Night Lights will go first, Please check in with the coach to sign up for a wave
- Plan on judging to help move things along
- Bar facing burpees take up space, do NOT take out a bar when you arrive and start lifting without checking with the coach for how the layout will be and what wave you are in.
- NOTE: Score is time for 18.2 and load for 18.2A. If you do not get to the 1RM clean in 12 minutes your score for 18.2A is 0 and you will not log a score.
- If you scale 18.2 your 18.2A lift score will also show scaled over athletes who RX 18.2 and then clean a 1RM.
Best of luck to everyone! Expect this to take longer than your 18.0 score. You should perform a few squat cleans as part of your warm-up to a starting lift in case you get to the 1RM. Expect the bar to be heavier than normal. This looks like a fun but spicy one!
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10 reps for time of:
Men use 50-lb. dumbbells
Women use 35-lb. dumbbells
Time cap: 12 minutes to complete 18.2 and 18.2a
Read the scorecard for full event details.
Scroll for scaling options.
Post rounds/reps completed to comments and/or submit your score as part of the 2018 Reebok CrossFit Games Open.