As you know, the COVID-19 virus (also known as coronavirus) is currently impacting all of daily life across our region and around the world. We care about your physical well-being and want to ensure we are all doing all we can to mitigate risk in our community. The gym is safe and we want to keep it that way! Here are the actions we are taking to keep our members healthy.
First, from the perspective of ensuring sanitary/disinfected areas, please note we use medical grade cleaners and disinfectants (we use FitWipes for equipment, Clorox Wipes for surfaces such as counters/lobby/cave and for the floors we use Whizzer Cleaner & Disinfectant). We have hand sanitizer on the counter and in the hallway by the bathrooms for everyone to use.
Here are the gym wide items we are asking of coaches AND members:
- Do NOT come to the gym if you are feeling sick, or have been around someone who is sick or feeling ill. Do not bring sick kids to the gym.
- All members wipe down their equipment (bar, box, med ball, abMat etc.), PVC and pull-up bar station after every use
- Any and all wipes and paper towels are disposed of in a trash can (not left out, thrown on the floor, etc.)
- Wipe down your whiteboard
- Take all of your belongings with you, including your water bottle
- Wash your hands with soap and water
- Use a mat on the floor for burpees, push-ups etc. since that is easy to clean with a Wipe
- Clean up after your children in the cave
Here are the gym wide items we are requiring of all coaches after EACH class that they coach:
- Use a wipe and wipe down all door handles (inside and outside)
- Check each bathroom to ensure there are paper towels and hand soap and that nothing is left on the floor
- Ensure every person in class knows they need to wipe down their equipment, PVC and pull-up bar
- Make sure that every person knows to take their belongings home with them
- “Spot Mop” the floor using the mop and Whizzer Cleaning solution for any area that is needed
- We are also increasing the frequency with which we mop and clean the entire gym
We also encourage everyone to follow some simple guidelines from the CDC, which serve as helpful tips:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then immediately throw it away
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
information about the Coronavirus can be found on the CDC’s website.
We are continuing to monitor this situation and will adjust as needed. Until then, thank you for your cooperation and stay safe. We look forward to seeing you in the gym!
Tom and Michelle Nugent