Front Squat 3-3-ME
Front Squat 3-3-ME
Use the same weight for each set.
Rest as needed between sets.
4 rounds for time of:
Walking Lunge 50m
50 Abmat Sit-ups
Photo by @snoridgecrossfit
2022 NOBULL CrossFit Games Finale Recap (from Morning Chalk Up)
The final day of the 16th annual NOBULL CrossFit Games in Madison, WI is over, and with that the 2022 Games season has concluded.
Well, it’s all done, and the champions have been crowned for another year. Although it looked like we might have some new blood atop the podiums, this year turned out to be exactly like last year as all three champions – Justin Medeiros, Tia-Clair Toomey and Rich Froning’s CrossFit Mayhem Freedom all won, again. But we saw some new faces join the fold, most notably Emma Lawson, Arielle Loewen, Ricky Garard and Roman Khrennikov, so the future is definitely bright
One big number: This is now the number of all numbers: six. That is the amount of straight titles Toomey has won, which puts her ahead of Froning’s four and Mat Fraser’s five.
- Sunday once again kicked off with weather playing a part in the Games as Event 11 had to be adjusted due to slippery and wet conditions.
- On the men’s it was Medeiros winning back-to-back titles and helping to usher in a new era of male athletes onto the podium
- Is she the greatest of all-time? This is now the top question in CrossFit. Is Toomey the G.O.A.T. and will anyone ever be able to do what she just did?
- Laura Horvath had the Sunday of all Sundays as she vaulted herself up the standings and onto the podium with some stellar performances
- Rich Froning, who is CrossFit’s quintessential icon, has given the sport so much over 10 titles
Day 5 By The Numbers
Here are some final numbers to round out the 2022 CrossFit Games:
- 2 – Back-to-back Games wins for Justin Medieros.
- 3 – Medeiros is the third man to win back-to-back Games wins following Froning and Fraser.
- 6 – The total number of CrossFit Games individual wins by Tia-Clair Toomey, making her the winningest and greatest Games athlete of all time.
- 7 – The number of consecutive first place event finishes by CrossFit Mayhem beating their own record from last year.
- 10 – The total number of Games gold medals that Rich Froning has won. He took four as an individual, and with this one, six as a team athlete.
- 17 – The age of 2022 rookie of the year, Emma Lawson.
- 18 – Mal O’Brien’s age as the youngest ever podium athlete in Games history. Annie Thorisdottir was the previous youngest at 20 in 2010.
One last thing: In case you are already itching for another season, CrossFit has already announced that the 2023 campaign will kick off with the CrossFit Open on Feb. 16 and the Games themselves will kick off earlier than this year — July 31st. Start the countdown!